Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rollover, Rollover, Rollover

So Wednesday we actually did some cool training… At least I thought so!  Wednesday we did rollover training in an MRAP. Rollover training is training where you get into a vehicle simulator and it simulates your vehicle either being rolled over 90 deg or 180 deg and everyone has to safely get out of the vehicle in 60-90 seconds. When you are wearing 60 lbs of gear and upside down it is pretty difficult to get out of seatbelts and harnesses.  So I have done this a few times before in a Humvee so I knew what to expect. What I didn’t expect is how un-Army some of CID personnel are. 

So I am sure if you are all wondering if something funny happened…. Well sure enough I got stuck upside down in the damn MRAP….yup me and the front passenger (TC) were upside down in retention seatbelts which we could not get out of.  It took me doing a handstand on the roof of the cab (hope you can picture this..) to release enough tension from the belt for me to get out (One of the other soldiers in the vehicle had to assist) .  So finally once I got out I could help the guy who was probably 100lbs heavier than me out of his seatbelt.  Boy do they make those seatbelts high retention and inescapable. Hey at least we weren’t the only ones to get stuck in that seat. I must say our crew (people inside the vehicle) worked as a team to get everyone out in a timely manner… wish I could say that about some other “leaders”

This is me in the simulator.  Tried to add some videos but the computer is way to slow here. Maybe I will post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment