Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Military Lingo

So most of you know the Army has some strange lingo that many of you civilians don’t understand. Most of it is inappropriate probably due to the number of males in the military and some of these words are words developed out of many deployments or long periods of boredom. When I am at home and speak to my family and friends stories come up which I have to explain some of these words.

So the other day my BFF calls me… she is my Best Friend from High School… civilian through and through!  We catch up on all the things going on in our lives and then she says “Do you remember you telling me about T Megan?” At least that is what I heard her say!  I say “What… T Meagan? What is that?”  She says “No tea bagging”.  My mouth drops and I become speechless. I had no idea when I had explained to her what tea bagging was… so I was a little shocked. (** For those of you reading this and do not know what tea bagging is ask someone discreetly**).  So I ask her why she was thinking about such an inappropriate word and she related that when she was in Michigan last week she went to a comedy show and the comedian was talking about it.  I explain to her again what it is and she laughs.

I wonder now what kind of conversation we were having that this “word” came up in conversation. Who knows but either way she gave me a good laugh which I really needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment