Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in Kuwait


So I hope that everyone had a great Christmas. I can’t complain considering where I am! Received a few unexpected Christmas cards and a Package from Deb Falvo with tons of candy, a child’s fingerprint kit, a slinky and an etch-a-sketch; all great memories from childhood.  So on Christmas morning in Kuwait my boss and I got up super early to the Jingle Bell 5K. It was hilarious to see some of the Soldier’s outfits. There were elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus, Santa Claus’ and guys with Christmas  lights strung all over them.  The EOD guys ( the guys who diffuse and destroy bombs) decided to wear their bomb suits (+_ 100lbs) to raise money for EOD Soldiers who have fallen and wounded.  God Bless them. Their suits weighed so much they had to walk with a Battle Buddy and were smoked.   Was a good run which we ran a little faster than I expected us to run.  3.1 Miles in 28:43. I guessed I earned my T-shirt. 




 
The chow hall  went all out for Christmas Lunch!  I was impressed by all of the decorations, cakes, desserts and Santa.  The food was very good. They had Prime Rib, Turkey and Ham, mashed potatoes, yams, collard greens, corn and so much more.  With all the food I ate I will have to do extra Insanity. Here are some pictures from the chow hall. 





 
We also did secret Santa between the four of us. It worked out kind of funny because no one drew their own name and come to find out the girls got the girls and the guys got the guys.  What is even funnier is the guys got each other the same thing; work-out gloves.  I received a pretty elephant trinket box and a beautiful perfume bottle.  It was fun.  
 
Christmas night we went to a BBQ with the Military Police, EMS and Fire… and a whole bunch of other people.  There was so much food. There were pork shoulders, turkey, ribs and chicken.  The Turkey was amazing.  After all the food was done some of the Soldiers were playing the guitar and the drums and singing songs. It was nice everyone just sat around drinking Non-Alcoholic Becks and singing songs.  Fun times.  I have realized you have to keep busy and enjoy some of the USO events and it will make the time go by faster.  Puddle of Mudd was here a few nights ago, which had a big turn-out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment