Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Food oh how I miss thee!


Well it has been quite awhile since I have had the opportunity to blog…things have been pretty busy for me.  But today I can say that two months have passed and in less than seven months I will be taking the long journey back home. 
Today is my anniversary; four years. It is amazing how fast the time flies. It’s like you blink and years have passed.  Today I was fortunate to spend a significant amount of time on Skype with my husband. Not talking about anything important, just talking like we were sitting on the couch together. Almost like we weren’t separated by countries and miles.  Today is my anniversary; it was a great day.
So enough with being sentimental and serious.
I am seriously addicted to food blogs. www.smittenkitchen.com , www.beyondkimchee.blogspot.com, www.butterflyfoodie.blogspot.com, and my current favorite is  www.howsweeteats.com.  I miss real tasty, mouthwatering, flavorful, mind blowing food.  I miss cooking and eating almost as much as I miss my husband. I can’t help but look at these sites and drive my stomach crazy by imagining what the food will taste like. I honestly believe that you are going to have to kidnap me from my own kitchen when I get home.  Most people know that I live to eat. Most people eat to survive but I am the complete opposite.  I can always remember how food tasted, what I was doing when I ate it, where the best meal was and how the food made me feel.  You all might think I am crazy but a great meal can make me forget how bad my day was.  


 
The problem for me is I can’t cook, I can’t go out to eat and I stand in line for meals at a chow hall which are not anywhere close to being good. The best meal I have eaten at the chow hall has been their half-hearted attempt at Jerk Chicken. I mean I can pretty much tell you what is going to be for dinner every night of the week. How? I can tell you because it is the same crap every week.  I must give the Guam Military Police a shout out… because they have given me the best meal I have had in 60 days.  They definitely know how to cook, eat and entertain.  They had a BBQ a few weeks ago and have been able to arrange for some of their civilian counterparts to go shopping on the economy which allowed for me to share in chicken, ribs, steak, brisket, rice, cucumber salad, chicken adobo, potato salad and the best mouth watering dessert I have had in months. I piled my plate so high and ate every savory morsel. I even wanted to go back for seconds. So thank you my Guam friends for allowing me to indulge!

Time for bed… will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment